Wakeboarding is one of the things that I’ve been wanting to try. When I went to Deca Wakeboard Park last Saturday I was amazed at how some wakeboarders performed. I consider it a performance coz’ they were exceptional. I tried capturing them using my Nikon D5100 18-55mm camera and these are the best photos I got:
The last three photos above were done by one person. During that day, he was the best “wakeboarder” there. I am not even sure if the term “wakeboarder” is a legit word.😉 But, he is really great! I wish I could do wakeboarding like him.
Since it was my first time, I was trained for a few minutes. I was given instructions on how to use the kneeboard. The knee board is the basic board where you just need to kneel on the board and hold tight. During my first try I was able to go around the water park. I thought that was it but when the instructor told me to change my knee board to a wake board (easy-up board) I got excited. I also thought it was going to be easy. But, I couldn’t do it. I fell over and over again. It was fun but really tiring. After my fifth or sixth try with the wake board I surrendered. My arms were already shaking and I also couldn’t swim and walk properly. I was out of breath. I rested for a while before taking the shower.😀
Anyway, if you are planning to go to Deca Wakeboard Park remember the following.
1. Deca is 30-45 minutes away from the city. If you are on a budget, go to Deca Homes Jeepney Terminal located at Bankerohan (behind Union Bank). The fare is 30 pesos only. Just tell the driver to drop you off the wakeboard park.
2. Bring enough money. Entrance Fee and Usage of the wakeboard is 500 pesos for two hours, 650 pesos for four hours, etc. If you are a beginner, don’t even try beyond two hours. Two hours of wakeboarding is more than enough.
3. You are not allowed to bring food or drinks inside the park. That’s why bring extra money just in case you get thirsty or hungry. The price is quite reasonable though. Just to give you an idea: 500 ml of bottled water is 22 pesos only; one can of softdrink is 45 pesos😉
4. Don’t forget to bring your own soap and shampoo. I think a germicidal soap is better. hahaha
5. Sometimes there are taxis waiting outside the park. If you are too tired to take the jeepney then just take a taxi. From Deca to Abreeza is around 300 pesos.